According to Wikipedia: Small ball is an informal term for an offensive strategy in which the batting team emphasizes placing runners on base and then advancing them into scoring position for a run in a deliberate, methodical way, and places a high value on individual runs and attempts to score them without requiring extra hits“
SmallBall Marketing is centered on a simple principle: if you sweat the small details and do your homework, you can realize your potential and grow big ideas into successful businesses.
SmallBall Marketing management consulting services focuses on taking small steps to grow “one base at a time”. Our aggressive listening approach creates a full 360 degree view of you and your business to help you move forward.
SmallBall Marketing develops an in-depth understanding of your market, focusing on taking small steps to grow “one base at a time”. Our aggressive listening approach creates a full 360 degree view of your business, competition, and path to grow rapidly. Our experience launching successful new businesses in the most competitive market in the world is based on tried and true, time-tested techniques. We sweat the small details to help you gain market share and establish a true competitive advantage!Our experience working with market leaders and partners in launching successful new businesses is based on tried and true, time-tested techniques. We sweat the small details to help you grow and establish a true competitive advantage!
Walter Recher, Principal Consultant
Walter Recher has worked as an executive, entrepreneur and educator for over 25 years, launching successful growth businesses in the most competitive market in the world. He provides SmallBall clients with insight and guidance from his career as an entrepreneur and management consultant, and his wealth of experience working with successful startups and innovative game changers. This keen sense of new market development and effective marketing communication helps SmallBall clients understand exactly what they need to succeed.
Over the course of his career, he has worked in virtually every aspect of business, from retail to wholesale, brick and mortar to ecommerce, from start-ups to hyper growth Fortune 100 companies, from nonprofits to global corporations, working with market leaders from the “suites to the streets”.
Walter has edited and reviewed hundreds of business plans and worked with entrepreneurs, business professionals and organizations to launch new products and services, hiring, training and leading national sales teams, creating new brand and marketing campaigns, and managing over $60M in revenue.
As a born entrepreneur and “lifelong student”, he has acquired a unique perspective about starting, growing, marketing and managing successful new businesses and programs.
Walter’s career highlights include:
Leading Start-Up Companies – Founder and managing partner at On-Ramp Associates, InTouch Media, HomeBuyers Network and Diamond Sports Careers.
Innovative Marketer -Served as an executive with MCI, University of Phoenix, Cablevision, and Izod LaCoste in a variety of senior management and marketing roles.
- Management consultant for small businesses, including a leading health and wellness publication, a solar energy company, a world-renowned sports physiologist, the world’s largest dairy store Stew Leonard’s, and Fortune 500 corporate clients, including IBM, Scholastic Publishing and MCI.
- Developed trademarks and patents for the Perfect Pitch professional communication training method, and the TouchLink interactive advertising response system for realtors and advertisers.
- Produced newsletters, eblasts and edited web sites for leading event management company, travel agency, health and wellness magazine, college planning and athletic training companies.
Business Development Executive– Worked in highly competitive markets and industries, promoted to senior positions at 4 of the most successful growth companies in U.S. business history – Izod LaCoste, Cablevision, MCI and University of Phoenix.
Event Management – Developed, directed and managed major industry events, including:
- The Big Apple Sports Career Camp in NYC featured over 30 distinguished industry speakers, at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, MSG, Red Bull Arena, Chelsea Piers, and the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center
- The Business of Baseball- career seminar at the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York
- SOHOT -Small Office Home Office Technology– a national conference on advanced technologies and the mobile office produced with IBM, Gartner Group
- Hudson Valley Renegades- developed marketing and sponsors for the inaugural Army vs. Marist Baseball event and Perfect Pitch Competition at Dutchess Stadium
- Career Events– led a series of seminars featuring industry leaders from ESPN, MLB, NFL, USTA, Steiner Sports, HBO Sports and Omnicom Sports Media
- In-Touch Media– formed media partnerships with the PGA Buick Classic and Citibank Tennis Tournament of Champions events, and with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and County of Westchester.
Education Leader– Provided counseling and guidance for hundreds of students as a professor and advisor, serving as a mentor and career consultant. Developed and led new courses in marketing, emerging technologies, leadership and sports management as an instructor in traditional classroom settings and online, at Fordham University, Pace University, Marist College, State University of New York and Manhattanville College.
Walter has served as Professor of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship at Pace University, and as a facilitator on small business formation and development for the Women’s Enterprise Development Center at Marist College. He serves as a mentor to Fordham University students at the Fordham Foundry Gabelli School of Business, and is the author of Diamond Duster, a blog on innovation and leadership in education and sports.
Walter has served as a panelist judge on the New York State Regional Student Business Plan Competition at Marist College, at the Fordham University Gabelli School of Business, and at the Business of Sports School at Reuters world headquarters in New York City. He has been a guest lecturer at Manhattan College, Fordham University, Marist College, and the Business of Sports School in NYC.
Walter Recher appeared as a featured speaker on national, regional and local media, including NBC News, Business News Daily, Cablevision News 12, and WCBS NewsRadio 88, and has appeared in featured articles including the cover page of Entrepreneur Magazine, Journal News Gannett, and local news media outlets.
Walter earned his degree in Psychology from Oswego State University, and MBA from Fordham University, as the first to enroll and graduate from an innovative Executive MBA program featured in the New York Times.